Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) developed the CHECWORKS™ software program to assist the utility industry in planning and implementing inspection programs to prevent flow-accelerated corrosion (FAC) failures. The code aims to provide predictive technology, allowing utilities to estimate the FAC wear rate and remaining service life of uninspected piping components. This course will provide advanced training on the CHECWORKS predictive algorithm, which utilizes a combination of input parameters to provide predicted wear rate and remaining service life for each modeled component.
- Detailed teachings on the inner workings of CHECWORKS and performance of cyclical updates
- Ensuring CHECWORKS model is properly configured
- Troubleshooting common model errors and warnings
- Course content and approach structured for FAC and Erosion Program Owners
- Training materials are provided in hard copy or electronic download
- Tuesday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm
- Wednesday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm
- Thursday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm
GSE Engineering is a highly experienced team focused on creating innovative ways to meet our customers’ needs using a combination of our industry-leading services and products. The Programs & Performance group (Formerly True North Consulting) leverages decades of specialized expertise in thermal performance and engineering programs that refine and update systems, to optimize performance and safety.
Classes now forming
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEU)
Attendee will receive a Certificate of Completion for 2.4 Continuing Education Units (CEU) credits to qualify for 24 Professional Development Hours (PDH) needed to fulfill Professional Engineers’ continuing education requirements. The credits will be awarded without authorization. It is the attendee’s responsibility to keep and present the certificate to any organization that requires the certificate.